Going by a report, by the year 2015 (i.e. just 4 year from now), over 66% of population in this world with heart disease is going to be in India only. This is really a shocking statistics linked to India. As we all know it's nearly a deadly disease, if it's not identified at its early stage. What was even more alarming to me in this report was the majority age group it's referring - the young people aged between 30 to 40 years. I think, this a huge health risk the country is facing now.
However, it was not revealed why particularly the Indians are too sensitive to this disease in that report. But, it's clearly stated that by having a healthy life style this deadly trend can be reversed for sure.
Surprises to many, a few simple and yet very effective habits can assure a healthy heart. Here they are : -
- Quit smoking, if you are (50% of heart attacks are caused due to this only).
- Walk for 30 to 40 minutes six days a week.
- Avoid (prefer no) to fried and junk food.
- Control diabetes and hypertension with exercise and diet.
- Smile often and de-stress.
So, have a new resolution and say, I truly love my heart. On this valentine day!!